Shopkeeper (Greenpoint & Tulita)
Tula is seeking a part time Shopkeeper for our Greenpoint storefront and seasonal Tulita (plant truck) outings.
You are a creative and active person who loves plants, horticulture, and design. You have retail experience and a deep knowledge about indoor plants, how to care for them, and you are eager to share that knowledge with others. You value hard work and apply an entrepreneurial spirit which helps you to think strategically about the best and most efficient way to get your job done.
Tula sources uncommon plants and objects so a natural curiosity and ability to identify plants quickly and reiterate facts is crucial to succeeding at your job. Sociability and education is a big part of this job – you will spend time speaking with people about plant woes, successes and answering questions. Every person deserves your time, even if they did not purchase a plant from Tula. We strive to foster awareness and curiosity of the natural world in our customers, so a personal desire to learn more about all aspects of your job is expected.
- Knowledge of the principles of Horticulture, specifically indoor plants.
- 2+ years of experience in retail or hospitality
- Enthusiastic about the Tula brand and proud to be an ambassador of our company.
- Close attention to detail – awareness of how a space looks through a customer’s point of view.
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Team player
- Tech literate (ability and/or confidence to troubleshoot issues in the field if needed)
- Ability to lift upwards of 40 lb
- Ability to work on your feet for 8hrs/day
- Keyholder: Open/close Greenpoint shop
- Uphold a clean and orderly shop. Sweep floors upon opening and closing. Replace merchandise as it sells, remerch throughout the sales day.
- Practice exceptional customer service
- Meet weekend sales goals
- Work with a sense of urgency with the ability to prioritize and manage your time.
This role will be located at our Greenpoint flagship storefront as well as seasonal outings with Tulita, the plant truck.
Please send your cover letter and resume to Hello@tula.house, with subject Shopkeeper. In your cover letter please include a description of your experience working with plants and customer service jobs.
- You must be available on weekends and some weekdays
- Weekday hours: 10:45am – 7pm
- Weekend shop hours: 10:30am – 7/7:30pm
- Weekend Tulita hours: 9am – 7pm (times vary depending on venue/market/partnership)
- We are open to holidays and days off as long as your shift is covered by another Tula staff member.
Tula is for all living things, founded to bring us closer to nature without sacrificing style or sustainability. Our ecosystem of design and creativity considers plants, people and planet so we might all grow wild together. Founded in 2016, Tula started with our beloved plant truck, Tulita. We opened our flagship storefront in Greenpoint in November 2018.