Part Time Shopkeeper
Part Time Shopkeeper:
Who you are
You love plants, taking care of plants, learning about plants and you are eager to share your knowledge with others. You are comfortable working in a small business environment and communicating feedback and ideas to your managers. You value hard work while exhibiting strong entrepreneurial skills which help you think fast and strategically. The work we do demands high energy and a positive attitude. We take pride in selling healthy and unique plants, therefore plant care and a keen eye for detail and design is expected of all Shopkeepers. If you like to feel physically and mentally accomplished at the end of your day, Tula is a great brand to work with.
Tula was founded on three principles; creativity, education and experience. We love to learn, grow and inspire and we are proud to support a team of hardworking, creative and motivated individuals who want to grow with us. Tula launched in 2016 with a 100 sq ft plant truck and we now operate out of a 1200 sq ft storefront with a dedicated arid room backed by a growing e-commerce shop. Every person who walks through Tula’s doors is treated with the utmost respect - our house is your house. Horticulture has always been about community and our goal is to maintain that while pushing the status quo in creativity, customer service and product quality. We are a husband-and-wife owned and operated business with an enormous heart and big ideas. We believe communication, feedback, and persistent problem solving are the ingredients to overall success.
As a Shopkeeper, you will work with customers exhibiting excitement, paired with a strong knowledge of plants and the ability to listen and problem solve. You are committed to helping customers and offering exceptional customer service. While on the sales floor you also practice an exceptional attention to detail for plant care, merchandising and overall shop cleanliness.
You are expected to restock products when they are sold, pot plants for customers upon request, assist with deliveries and act with an overall sense of ownership while working on the sales floor. You must be comfortable working on your feet for 8 hours at a time, able to lift objects at least 30 lbs in weight and help unload large orders of pottery and plants.
Essential Duties and Job Responsibilities
- Welcome and assist customers in selecting plants and products that will work for their specific environment
- Be able to troubleshoot customer plant care and pest issues.
- Have a vast knowledge on plant care for tropical and arid plants
- Maintain plant health, visual merchandising and restock inventory.
- Ring up sales through a POS system and schedule deliveries.
- Pack in store pickups, local deliveries and ecommerce orders.
- Assist with receiving and stocking plant/planter deliveries.
- Repot plants for customers.
- Maintain shop cleanliness and an organized back of house.
- Must have a flexible schedule and be able to work Friday, Saturdays and Sundays.
- You must be comfortable working on your feet for 8 hours at a time and able to lift objects at least 30 lbs in weight.
- Strong knowledge of plants and the ability to listen, multi task and problem solve
- Have 2 years retail, hospitality, or design setting
- Dedication to providing excellent, on-brand customer service.
- Is highly respectful of others and the ability to maintain a positive and empathetic attitude at all times.
- Horticulture education is a plus.
- Option to participate to 401(k)
- Discounts on Tula plants and products
Hourly salary is dependent on experience level and will be assessed during initial interview.
To apply please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com